Friday, May 14, 2010

Why are you here?


Wow - This idea didn't work out very well. I thought that I would be able to add to this blog page every day and develop some real content. Just don't have the time or the bandwidth! Work... school... we're putting an addition on the house... my oldest son just broke his foot playing lacrosse... my wife is organizing an exchange program for 90 students from Japan and Spain... and I am trying to complete illustrations for a children's book for a local author. But enough of my problems. Why are you here?

As this is our first visit - a little bit about this site. The Hub of Creativity is devoted to the creative process and inspiration. By sharing and discussing creative ideas we can help each other to expand our views and grow our resources. In order for this communication to be successful, there needs to be some level of understanding of where I am coming from and why you might want to discuss these ideas here.

A snippet from my background - I work as a creative services coordinator for a large company headquartered in Scottsdale, AZ. My office is located in Massachusetts and my primary customers are located in CA, WA, FL, Canada and the UK... and I never leave my office? I develop concepts and arrange production for many forms of promotional and marketing materials like video, web, advertising, events, trade show graphics and proposals. From the proposal of the concept, to script writing, photography, talent, coding and production to fulfillment. I had my own graphic design, branding and identity business for about ten years (back in the 90s) and have worked for several regional and national companies in various creative positions. If you are interested in more of my background - you can find it here hubbard.jordan.home.comcast.net

I did come across a few good links that I will share to inspire your thoughts, expand your vision. These first sites provide hundreds of pages of free-flowing creative news, products for your life, your walls and your surroundings.

No comments: